As soon as the heater receives its starting pulse, the following processes are triggered by the central control unit ¹⁾:
- Automatic safety check.
- The glow plug is warmed up.
- The metering pump conveys fuel.
- The burner motor starts smoothly.
- The fan delivers combustion air.
- Fuel-air mixture ignites (flame formation).
- The hot combustion gases flow through the heat exchanger that delivers the heat to the coolant system of the vehicle's engine.
- The heater is controlled electronically and works - according to heat requirement - in several power stages.
Click image to enlarge.
¹⁾ The actual scope of functions depends on the respective application. Please contact your workshop for further details.